Our planning group is made up of a core group (NCIA directors) and assembly members who wish to contribute, routinely or from time-to-time, either generally or on particular topics. The planning group meets every two months to carry out practical tasks to support our activities, including:
- taking soundings, views and ideas from the assembly and other sources
- deciding the direction of NCIA, our priorities and the practical work to be done
- providing overarching perspectives, policies, politics, ethos and aspirations
- co-ordinating what people do locally, in different sectors and at national level
- finding allies and connections between different communities of interest; collecting information about who is doing what in areas of interests; and sharing information with the field which will encourage/protect independence
- supporting those who carry out central NCIA work.
See also ‘NCIA: What next?‘, a paper by Penny Waterhouse, one of our directors, for the latest thinking on NCIA’s plans.
Notes from recent meetings:
The next Planning Group takes places on the 30th November in London. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to know more.